Songs for your iPod

Part 3 of 3, 2012 songs by female artists.

Next week, my final new music post for a while. After that, older music running features for a few months: Joy Division, The Flaming Lips, The Radio Dept., The Cure, Johnny Cash, Nick Drake, The Shins, Sufjan Stevens, David Gray, Paul Simon, Daniel Johnston, Sebastien Tellier, Fiona Apple, etc...

Monthly movie recap coming soon!


(A new discovery, the album ?Which Side Are You On? (2012) features some of the most original new lyrics I have heard so far this year. I'm surprised I haven't stumbled upon her music before, apparently she's been active for years.)

Unworry - Ani Difranco

Unworry by ThatEricAlper

Splinter - Ani DiFranco

Splinter by ThatEricAlper

Lifeboat - Ani Difranco








Had We Had It - Frankie Rose

(Know Me is the hit-which just gets on my nerves, grrr! you know how it is when you can't get a melody out of your head, and not in a good way? ha ha. You have been warned! I prefer Had We Had It )

Had We Had It by missfrankierose





(I was worried album What We Saw from the Cheap Seats (2012) would be the single I previously shared Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas), and the rest of the tracks forgettable, luckily I was wrong. Enjoying several tunes!)


All The Rowboats – Regina Spektor

All The Rowboats by reginaspektor

Small Town Moon – Regina Spektor

Small Town Moon by reginaspektor




Over the border - Saint Etienne

(I love spoken lyrics)







Take It Out On Me - Chairlift

(Very 80s...)






That's all folks! Listeners, any thoughts on this week's music?

8 comments:

  1. That album cover was used by The Bluetones on their first album I think. That was a good record from the Britpop era...actually I listened to that one recently - brought back some good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dan: Britpop era is certainly worth considering sharing, don't know The Bluetones. I like some of what Blur & Massive Attack did in 90s, less keen on Oasis.
      I already shared my fav Pulp songs: http://moviesandsongs365.blogspot.com/2010/11/songs-for-your-ipod_08.html

      Correct, album sleeve has been done before. The peacock uses its feathers to entice females, and Ani Difranco is apparently known as a feminist singer, so you can put two and two together ( :

      Delete
  2. Loving the Spektor tracks, they are easily my favorite ones out of this batch, I need to get the album now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Bonjour Tristesse: I'm liking Regina Spektor's new songs a lot more than her old stuff, "How" from the LP I also enjoyed.

      Delete
  3. And the last song is: "After that, older music running features for a few months: Joy Division, The Flaming Lips, The Radio Dept., The Cure, Johnny Cash, Nick Drake...", This sounds like music to my ears!:)I liked Ani. Be well Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like the news ( : Ani Difranco is probably among the most underrated albums of 2012. Take care, Analia

      Delete
  4. I'm surprised that I like the Regina Spektor songs. Never fancied giving her a listen, but looks like I was wrong. Looking forward to Johnny Cash and a bit of Sufjan. Is your back any better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @doccortex: I feel the same way, Regina Spektor was never top of my list either, her new album surprised me in a positive way.
      Yes, lots of older music on the way, I'm running out of new songs to post/recommend!
      I'm taking it day by day, the back injury is still there, just have to exercise every day. Thanks for asking

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails