Songs for your iPod


Some 2011 tracks by female singers this week, enjoy!


Black - Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi feat. Norah Jones

(By far the best track on the album for me)



...

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - Garbage (U2 Cover)

(An impressive cover that stays with you, I'm told Garbage's 5th studio album is out in 2012. Somehow her voice seems different than the 90s?)



...

The Hunger - Shirley Manson & Serj Tankian

(She's one of my favourite singers, and this new song is also haunting)




Listeners, any thoughts on the above music?

2 comments:

  1. Every time I hear the opening of that Black song I think of Hotel California.

    The U2 cover didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

    That last track is excellent though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bonjour Tristesse: I hadn't connected it to Hotel California, interesting. I guess music is so subjective that I shouldn't write stays with you, but stayed with "me".
    Glad some of the music pleased you, anyway!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails